Effective date: January 23, 2021
Thank you for using Check. Check Technologies, Inc. ( “Check”, “we”, or “us”) respects your privacy. We offer services that enable platforms and software providers to provide payroll services.
Check obtains Personal Data about you from various sources to provide our Services. “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, a customer of one or more of our Services (“Check Customer”), or a user of a Check Customer (“User”). If you are a User, Check will generally not collect your Personal Data directly from you. Your agreement with the relevant Check Customer should explain how the Check Customer shares your Personal Data with Check, and if you have questions about this sharing, then you should direct those questions to the Check Customer.
Information we collect
a. Personal Data you provide to us
Personal Data is any information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you.
If you are a Check Customer, you will provide your contact information, such as name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number).
If you are a User, when you are hired or setup payroll through a Check Customer’s website or application, we will receive your information. Depending on how the Check Customer implements our Services, we may receive this information directly from you, or from the Check Customer or third parties. The information we collect may include your name, mailing address, date of birth, email address, telephone numbers, government identifiers associated with you (such as your social security number), or other information about how you use the Services or the services of the Check Customer. When we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention and detection activities, we may also receive Personal Data about you from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources (e.g., name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.
You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (iii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iv) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (v) by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events.
b. Information that we collect automatically
When you access our Services we automatically collect information about you including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies to understand who you interact with our services and monitor usage by our users. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Contact Us below.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process payments, prepare tax filings and paystubs and communicate that information to taxing authorities and employers;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Check and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services, or to generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Check and others;
- Comply with laws, rules and regulations, including any disclosure or reporting obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Disclose Your Information
- With our business partners, but only to the extent you have purchased a product or service from such partner, interacted with such partner, or otherwise authorized the sharing of information;
- With banks, government agencies and taxing authorities, including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax agencies, as required to provide the services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To enforce our rights, protect our property, or the rights and property of others, or as needed for auditing and compliance purposes;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you. We do not provide your Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Check Technologies, Inc.
228 Park Ave. S, PMB 14961
New York, NY 10003, USA